You may have heard that I’m moving on from Brennan Investment Group (BIG). I’m grateful for the opportunity to work with those folks. Brennan’s mission is to be the leading value-add owner/operator of industrial real estate in the nation. They are pros, and I’ve learned a lot from them during my three years.
I thought I’d share with you some of the key characteristics that keeps them on the top of their field.
“BIG” ideas to keep in mind:
- If you want a good partner, be a good partner.
- There is a bull market in everything.
- Price per square still matters.
- Building functionality still matters.
- Seller circumstances still matters.
- To find “value” returns, look for complexity.
- Veteran dealmakers will win because they know how to structure deals to meet everyone’s objectives.
- Be a deal shop and cast a wide net.
- Good partners do not lose money or reputation.
BIG is a class act, as you can see from the list above, and I’ll still be working with them from time to time. You can read more about the news here.